Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Decorating with books and repurpose reuse

I have had these shelves for quite some time. I got them at a Restore place and have been meaning to paint them for awhile now. I decided it was time. They were too dark. My home has dark floors, darkish gray walls and dark furniture which is why I like to decorate with white. 🤍
These are small little shelf ends. I am using them for book ends because I love to read and needed my books up on my end table. I always see things for what they aren't purposed for. 🤷‍♀️ I have ways been that way. So, these shelf ends are now bookends. For now. 😂
I painted them with white creamy chalk paint then used a sander to distress the natural places where they would be worn. 
They almost look chippy white don't  they? I love how they turned out! 
Now my little reading area is complete. I hope I inspired you to shop your home, use a little bit of paint, and repurpose something. It will give you the brand new item in your home feel 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment