Saturday, August 29, 2020

DIY Topiary

I have heard several people wanting to know how to make a topiary. There are lots of ways, but here is how I made mine.  
This topiary started off like this 👇
I got this at the Thrift store just like this minus the chalk paint. 
As you can see, this twig ball was put on some long straight twigs with hot glue. 
When I brought it home, I added some Kilz chalk paint to the pot by just dry brushing a light coat. 
Then I added this garland...
I cut up some of the garland then wrapped and tucked pieces of the garland to completely cover this twig ball. The twigs made it easy to tuck pieces in. 
Its really that simple! 

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! Where did you find the grapevine ball, was it also at Hobby Lobby??
    hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy! I got this whole thing minus the garland at a thrift store, however, I have seen these twig balls at Walmart and in faux floral aisles at Joanns fabrics etc.

      Delete