Monday, August 31, 2020

Fall Breakfast room on a budget

Hi friends! It is almost September and no better time than to give you more Fall inspo on a budget one room at a time. 
First, let me show you this adorable pumpkin I made last year from an old Henley tee, a target dollar spot pumpkin and a twig from outside. The ribbons I had laying around. All I did was wrap the cut up tee around the pumpkin, hot glue in the stem and tie it on top with ribbons. 
I folded down the top of the shirt after tying just to add a leaf effect. The next several photos are step by step showing the process...
Next is the breakfast room. 
I have an old Pyrex amber color bottle. I have never really used it until I styled it today. It has a very narrow opening so I never really thought of it as a vase. I have these twigs I bought at Hobby Lobby last year so I decided to cut them up since the stems were narrow and shove as many as I could into this narrow opening. I love the look. 
I added some acorns and these you can find around your neighborhood or a nearby park. Collect them on your walk because there are so many cute things you can do with them! Add them to a bowl, etc. My Fall living room ideas on a buget  post shows them coming out of a scoop I had. 
As I was taking photos, one of the candles I had burned down all the way. I thought hmmmm this would be the perfect opportunity to show another cute way to decorate a tablescape. 
Do you see anything different? 
I added some silverware. I bought these on Amazon 2 years ago and have loved them! The straw pumpkins came from Hobby Lobby and the wicker tray from a friend who was throwing it away 😱 
The stained glass window I have had for 30 years and the window door hanging in the patio door (see pictures above) came from Kirklands last year. So, as you can see, shop your home. I haven't bought a single thing for Fall this year in this room. Look around your home and your Fall bins in storage. Maybe you want a different look this year. You can always transform what you have with chalk paint or cover it up with an old tee-shirt in your new fall colors. Thrift stores have them for a dollar or 2 and they are so much cheaper then buying fabric at the store. Repurpose! 
Have a beautiful day my friends! 
Be sure to follow me on Instagram @lambertcottage I post on stories there daily. 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment