Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Autumn entryway. Ways to cozy up and make an inviting entryway.

Have you ever thought about encorporating cozy spaces into all areas of your home? I think one of the most important spaces is your entryway. This is where you welcome your guests and family. This is the first space they see and the first impression they get of your home other than the drive up curb appeal. The impression I want to leave is
1. Welcoming. 
2. Cozy.
3. Stress free. 
4. Fun. 
5. Real. 
1 thru 4 is self explanatory but 5, I will go into more detail here. 
When I say "real", I mean just that. I want my guests to know I live here so if it's there, use it. My antiques, my fine China, my painted coffee table, all of that is meant to be loved and used. So, kick your feet up on my table, and make yourself at home here! 
Also, we live in a smaller home. We budget, we thrift, we make a lot of our things. If we want something and its not in the budget, we look up how to make it ourselves. 
So many of my things we made or thrifted for a few dollars. Some things are hand me downs. Some things are curb side pick ups. 
Our entryway is very long and narrow. It has been my nemesis trying to decorate since we have been here. However, I am getting accustomed to this little entry and growing to love it. After all, it invites so many dear people into my home. 🤎

No comments:

Post a Comment