Friday, September 4, 2020

Different Fall Looks For Your Diningroom Table

Last night I couldn't sleep. My mind was going and going. If you have been following me on Instagram @lambertcottage you have seen that we have been working on restoring our farmhouse table.  It came to us splintery and a reddish stain. We had to sand it. We were going to stain it special walnit which is always our go-to stain, however, after sanding it, I fell in love with the beautiful raw wood. I even put a poll up on Instagram to stain or not to stain and an overwhelming majority said keep it raw. 
In this 2nd picture, you can see what it used to be. Kind of. On the edges that is. It was much more reddish orange in person. In this shot, hubby took over the sanding while I took pictures before it got sanded all the way. 
So, it's not quite finished. We still need to work on the bottom shelf. 
We brought it back in the house for now so hubs could have his garage back. 
I couldnt leave the table in the room without some decor. Fall is my FAVORITE! So, I decided I would show different Fall decor styles. Not everyone is French country farmhouse like me, so I wanted to show a variety. 
First I showed minimalisim. Minimalism is just that. Minimal. Calm to the eye. NO clutter. 
Next is Boho. Boho is very organic, natural, nature, usually lots of plants with macrame. I left the plants out of the pic, because I wanted it very neutral by using wheat. 
Next, is French Country. French country is sacndinavian. Parisian, elegant. Think crystal chandeliers, whites, creams, blues and some muted colors. I didnt use blue because I wanted to keep the space warm and Fall tones. 
 Finally, I created a farmhouse look. Farmhouse is antiques, anything you could use from a farm, quilts, and cozy. Here I changed out the table runner to a striped one. I used striped pillows as well. Checks and prints also do well with the farmhouse look. I used wire baskets and spilled out of them greenery and pumpkins. 
Up on the shelf mantle, I used a dough bowl and placed acorns inside with pumpkins and an antique scoop. 
Curious which style is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment